FoodUnfolded UX Designer
FoodUnfolded® is looking for a mid-career UX designer to join our diverse and growing team!
FoodUnfolded® is a non-profit platform with a mission to connect people with the origins of their food. We strive to create credible, non-partisan, and accessible content that encourages our audience to think critically about the food system and their relationships with food. Through our collaborations, we build communication bridges between consumers, academics, experts, and policymakers. Our website is the home for our content and hosts articles, animations, and infographics aimed at diverse audiences.
Methodology/Organisation of work:
We are looking for a UX Designer to work alongside our Visual Editor and external full-stack development agency to design, develop, and implement a fresh design package for our website. The project includes modernizing and elevating our visual aesthetic and user experience while maintaining the core elements of our brand identity.
We are seeking a designer who is self-managing - enabling them to work seamlessly in a remote, international team as well as with external developers. In addition to having a keen eye for design, the ideal candidate also has an intermediate-level understanding of programming and strong project management skills.
As a team, we operate on a CET schedule but are open to candidates in other time zones with overlapping working hours.
The UX designer should also have:
● Experience with front-end development (additional back-end or full-stack experience is a plus)
● A portfolio showcasing a thorough understanding of web design principles and proven ability to produce compelling and accessible web platforms
● Strong self-management skills, ability to handle workloads independently and deliver on tight deadlines.
● Strong teamwork communication skills and a healthy attitude towards critique and iterative design processes
● Enthusiasm for experimentation and design challenges with an ability to create innovative solutions and deliver high-quality results
● Commitment to representing our brand faithfully
● An interest for sustainability, community, future-forward innovation
Timing: 2-3 days a week (3 to 6 months with possibility of extension)
● Work collaboratively with our Visual Editor to build a cohesive design package:
- Redesign of site globals (header, footer, nav, new logo implementation)
- Redesign of site Homepage (EN/DE/ES)
- Redesign of Article page (x1 default template)
- Align existing structured pages (e.g. discover, shop, podcasts, working with us) with new branding style.
● Guide external software engineers to ensure effective implementation of designs.
● Work with the team to strengthen the design and implementation processes.
● Fluency in English
-Figma, Sketch, XD, or similar
● Required coding languages: Working knowledge of HTML and CSS