FoodUnfolded Graphic Designer
FoodUnfolded® is looking for a mid-career graphic designer to join our diverse and growing team! FoodUnfolded® is a digital platform designed to reconnect people with the origins of their food. We strive to create credible, non-partisan, and accessible content that encourages our audience to think critically about the food system and their relationships with food. Through our collaborations, we build communication bridges between consumers, academics, experts, and policy makers. This community is the backbone of our mission, and we implement a wide range of graphics, animations, and visual designs to engage our community and share information in an accessible, thought-provoking way.
Organisation of work:
The ideal candidate is self-managing, works well collaboratively, and is committed to thoughtful design. We are seeking someone with both German and English fluency. Responsibilities will include working with FoodUnfolded® editors and designers to develop concepts and create infographics, social media assets, and various print media. The position is remote, but FoodUnfolded’s primary audience focus is in Europe and most meetings are held virtually, in Central European Time.
The graphic designer should also have:
· A body of work showcasing a deep understanding of graphic design principles and proven ability to produce compelling digital and print designs
· Strong self-management skills, ability to handle workloads independently and deliver on tight deadlines.
· Strong teamwork communication skills and a healthy attitude towards critique and iterative design processes
· Enthusiasm for experimentation and design challenges with an ability to create innovative solutions and deliver high quality designs—both with and without existing models/templates
· A passion for sustainability, community, future-forward innovation.
Timing: 2-4 days a week
Period: December 2021-December 2022, with possibility for extension
· Weekly social media graphics
· Graphic design support for FoodUnfolded® websites and print magazine
· Graphics should represent FoodUnfolded® brand faithfully
· Fluency in English, German language ability is optional but highly preferred
· 2+ years of experience in a graphic design role
- Adobe Creative Cloud access expected
- Photoshop Expertise
- Illustrator Expertise
- Familiarity with AfterEffects and Premiere is not required, but is a plus.
· Experience with Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
· Skillful at image research and selection – the candidate will work directly with the Visual Editor and social media management team to connect with our audience through online and printed publications and weekly social media campaigns.