Call for Startup Coaches - TeamUp Programme
In 2021, EIT Food launched a new programme TeamUp to support strong team formation in innovative agrifood startups. The goal of the programme is to match brilliant technologists with business professionals and support them on their journey to co-create truly impactful agrifood ventures.
The programme is designed for:
· Tech co-founders – people/teams with an innovative agrifood technology/solution who struggle to commercialise it;
· Business co-founders – people with skills and experience to build a successful agrifood startup.
We are looking to recruit experienced coaches to support TeamUp participants during the Exploration phase of the programme (July - October).
During the Exploration phase, the newly formed teams are expected to create, test and validate value proposition, business model and go-to-market strategy of their agrifood solution. The teams will also continue exploring and developing the relationship between the two co-founders and other team members. During this phase, EIT Food will provide the teams with training, financial support (a €2,000 monthly stipend per team) and coaching. Each month the teams will have to submit an assignment in order to receive a stipend.
About the Call
We are interested to receive applications from individuals whose skills and experience fit one of the two following profiles: a Business coach or a Team building coach.
The role of Business coaches during this phase is to help the teams improve and validate the business model and strategy of their agrifood startup, plan their next steps and prepare them for their final pitch during the Graduation phase.
The Team building coaches will focus on facilitating relationships between the two co-founders in the newly created teams, evaluating and improving team dynamics, team identity, shared values,etc.
The ideal candidates bring together some of these skills and expertise:
· Experience in building and developing innovative companies, lean startup model and managing growth;
· Knowledge of startup development and funding of high-technology companies, including angel or VC investment;
· Knowledge of technology transfer and commercialization of research;
· Experience in mentoring and coaching startups;
· Experience and an extensive network of contacts in one of EIT Food’s focus areas: Sustainable Agriculture, Sustainable Aquaculture, Alternative Proteins, Circular Food Systems, Digital Traceability and Targeted Nutrition;
· Willingness to leverage network and connect teams with external experts/advisors;
· Strong understanding and adherence to sustainability issues in the global food system;
· Strategic thinking and problem-solving capacity;
· Familiarity with the legal aspects of running a startup and managing company ownership between co-founders will be considered a plus.
Team building coaches
· Experience in coaching and supporting entrepreneurial teams, facilitating relationship building, collaboration, reflection and learning;
· Knowledge of team dynamics, processes and challenges in early-stage startups;
· Experience in helping teams align values, purpose and vision;
· Strong collaboration, facilitation and conflict management skills;
· Experience and network in the agrifood ecosystem will be considered a plus;
· Experience and/or education in HR, psychology, sociology will be considered a plus.
More information about the scope of work for coaches, eligibility criteria and applications is available in the document attached below.