Call for Soil Health Monitoring Tool
Proposals to provide a soil health and biodiversity measurement tool should:
· Include a simple methodology that will allow farmers to perform visual soil assessments on their farms
· Be interactive and easy to use by farmers without prior training in soil analysis or soil quality apps.
· Allow users to record measurements and observations on a smart phone while in the field.
· Make the information available to users from both a smart phone and a personal computer.
· Incorporate data from other sources such as lab reports or external data bases.
· Include a benchmarking functionality that will allow farmers to compare their soil health and biodiversity situation to that of their peers in similar biomes.
· Have a hierarchical structure that will allow authorized profiles to view both the individualized and aggregate data of EIT Food farmer accounts.
· Have the technical capacity to provide service to at least 500 farmers and the potential to grow in pace with the development of the Regenerative Agriculture Revolution of EIT Food.
· Allow users to use the application in their own language. We would like to the make the tool available to farmers in Spain, Italy and Poland this year.