Call for expression of interest to organise the EIT Food Startup Awareness Event
The organisations invited to apply for this call should be based in one of the following countries:
- the Republic of North Macedonia
And/or Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain).
One organization will be chosen from Ukraine and at least two from other locations.
The final number of chosen organisations will be confirmed by 15th September 2022.
Application deadline: 26 June 2022, 23:59 CEST.
ATTENTION: deadline extended for applications from Ukraine until 1 September 2022, 23:59 CEST.
Application template: see Annex.
Further details about EIT Food can be found at: www.eitfood.eu, and the principles of the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme are described at: https://eit.europa.eu/activiti.... With respect to the present call, EIT Food will not provide new information that has not already been included in this call document, but can assist the potential applicants by explaining the contents of this document (please contact RIS@eitfood.eu).
- Legal persons (such as companies, incubators or accelerators, innovation centres, higher education institutes, research institutes, non-governmental organisations);
- Operating in a country/region targeted by the call;
- Able to sign a subcontracting agreement with EIT Food’s Co-Location Centre North-East or Co-Location Centre South and act as a subcontractor in a project funded based on Horizon Europe/EIT modalities;
- Recognised as important players in the local innovation ecosystems with a strong regional outreach,
- Experienced in entrepreneurship support;
- Capable of organising local events and workshops;
- Experienced in the organisation of events/workshops remotely using online tools;
- Able to organise the EIT Food Startup Awareness Event in the respected timeframe September-November 2022.
Benefits for organisations selected as EIT Food Startup Awareness Event organisers
Three organizations chosen by EIT Food to organise the event will be offered the following benefits:
- Ability to benefit from the association with EIT Food and the EIT community (as subcontractors in EIT Food activities);
- Subcontracting agreement with EIT Food’s Co-Location Centre North-East or Co-Location Centre South with gross funding of up to 10,000€ (per event) to cover the eligible costs of the EIT Food Startup Awareness Event’s planning and organisation;
- Expertise and organisational support of EIT Food and Co-Location Centre North-East and Co-Location Centre South in organising and implementing the event.
Organising the EIT Food Startup Awareness Event shall be considered an opportunity to become associated with EIT Food, establish relations with its community and become better embedded in the EIT Food activities. The selected organisation will also benefit from the increased visibility in their local innovation ecosystems, strengthening their position on the regional and national levels.
 Consortia are not eligible in this call.