Application deadline: May 25th.
RIS Council is a policy advisory body established in 2019 to support dialogue and other interactions in RIS countries, contribute towards the further elaboration of EIT Food instruments and projects, as well as promote linkages with government authorities and other stakeholders.
RIS Council consists of stakeholder representatives from EIT RIS countries. The Council supports EIT Food in policy dialogue and other interactions in the target countries, intending to synchronise the development of EIT Food portfolio with national or regional Smart Specialisation Strategies of the targeted EIT RIS countries.
EIT Food RIS Council strengthens synergies with EIT RIS stakeholders. Interactions with regional stakeholders will support the active involvement of EIT Food representatives in the Entrepreneurial Discovery Processes in targeted EIT RIS countries and regions, contributing to the preparations for the next financial perspective of the European Union (2021-2027). Through policy dialogue with national and regional authorities that select agri-food-related topics as their Smart Specialisation Strategies, EIT Food expects to develop and implement joint innovation and entrepreneurship strategies with Knowledge Triangle partners from the selected EIT RIS countries.
 RIS Regions: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland* Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey or Ukraine
Goals of the EIT Food RIS Council
- Analysis of the progress of the implementation of EIT Food RIS Strategy 2018-2020, especially RIS programmes dedicated to support students, entrepreneurs, researchers and innovators,
- Participation in preparation of new EIT Food RIS Strategy after 2021,
- Participation in the monitoring and evaluation of EIT Food Hubs’ activities,
- Providing opinion concerning present agri-food issues important from the perspective of RIS countries, especially from the EU financial perspective 2021-2027,
- Participation in RIS Expert Community and other EIT Food RIS events (i.e. EIT Food Awareness Days, EIT Food Demo Days),
- Promotion of EIT Food activities in RIS countries, including contacts with national and regional authorities (in a country represented by the given Member).
Benefits for the Members of the EIT Food RIS Council
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council may:
- officially use the title of the Member of the EIT Food RIS Council
- participate in EIT Food RIS activities, such as EIT Food Government Executive Academy, EIT Food Awareness Events, Demo Days, X-KIC Events
- have impact on design and implementation of EIT Food RIS activities
- EIT Food will cover the costs of participation of the Members in at least three EIT Food RIS Council meetings per year and regular videoconferences. Each participant will be granted 1000 € to cover the costs of accommodation and travel (per meeting).
Profile of the Members of EIT Food RIS Council – keywords
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council should come from Bulgaria or Serbia and should have experience related to below mentioned areas:
- quadruple helix (stimulating cooperation between government, academia, business and society),
- smart specialisation (design, implementation),
- Horizon 2020 and European Structural and Investment Funds – ESI Funds (preparation of applications, implementation),
- research and innovation policy at national or regional levels (design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation).
- open call promoted by EIT Food and EIT Food Hubs in RIS countries (limited to physical persons with some experience related to keywords),
- evaluation carried out by CLC North East ( end May)
- selection of one candidate per country (June)
If you are interested to join to our EIT Food community as a Member of EIT Food RIS Council, please fill the application form HERE