Background information: EIT Food RIS Policy Council
RIS Policy Council is a policy advisory body established in 2019 to support dialogue and other interactions in RIS countries, contribute towards the further elaboration of EIT Food instruments and projects, as well as promote linkages with government authorities and other stakeholders.
RIS Council consists of stakeholder representatives from EIT RIS countries. The Council supports EIT Food in policy dialogue and other interactions in the target countries, intending to synchronise the development of EIT Food portfolio with national or regional Smart Specialisation Strategies of the targeted EIT RIS countries. EIT Food RIS Council strengthens synergies with EIT RIS stakeholders. Interactions with regional stakeholders will support the active involvement of EIT Food representatives in the Entrepreneurial Discovery Processes in targeted EIT RIS countries and regions. Through policy dialogue with national and regional authorities that select agri-food-related topics as their Smart Specialisation Strategies, EIT Food expects to develop and implement joint innovation and entrepreneurship strategies with Knowledge Triangle partners from the selected EIT RIS countries.
Benefits for the Members of the EIT Food RIS Council
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council may:
- officially use the title of the Member of the EIT Food RIS Policy Council,
- participate in EIT Food RIS activities, such as EIT Food Government Executive Academy, EIT Food Awareness Events, Demo Days, cross-KIC Events gathering other EIT Communities,
- have an impact on the design and implementation of EIT Food RIS activities,
- increase your network across EU,
- expand your knowledge on different innovation policies and agrifood related innovation projects.
EIT Food will cover the costs of participation of the Members in at least four EIT Food RIS Council meetings in 2021 and 2022. Each participant will be granted 1000 € yearly.
How to apply
Deadline for application Interested and eligible individuals are invited to submit their application by 20 September 2021, 23:59 CEST, referring in the e-mail title to Call for EIT Food RIS Policy Council members 2021- 2022.
Please send the electronic version of the application to: RIS@eitfood.eu.