What is Test Farms?
Test Farms links agricultural startups with farmers and testing-land. Through enabling these links EIT Food wants to help innovative agritech ideas to validate and test their products and services, showcase their business to customers and investors and finally support the technological transformation in European agriculture.
This year, EIT Food is offering Test Farms program to the following applicants:
- RIS startups - startups registered in countries eligible for the Regional Innovation Scheme (see point 4.a of Terms and Conditions - Eligibility criteria for RIS participants for the list of countries).
- non-RIS startups - startups not registered in RIS countries = not eligible for the funding from Regional Innovation Scheme.
Participation in the Test Farms program as well as financial subgrant to support testing needs will be available under specific conditions for eligible RIS startups. Non-RIS startups cannot receive the subgrant, however they will be given the possibility to join the program and benefit from the match-making and expert support provided by EIT Food. The cost of these services is 1500 EUR.
Why join Test Farms?
- Validation: Test the functionality and need for your solution by cooperating with professional farmers oper-ating on different types of land, growing various crops and rearing various animals.
- Visibility: Showcase your refined product to potential clients on Demo Day, organised at the site of the farmer.
- Network: Get access to the EIT Food network: agricultural companies, research institutes and startups.
- Funding: Receive a 3000 EUR budget to support the travel and testing phase.
How to apply
Test Farms is open for the applicants who are citizens/residents of the following RIS (Regional Innovation Scheme) countries: Albania*, Armenia*, Bosnia and Herzegovina*, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands*, Georgia*, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova*, Montenegro*, North Macedonia*, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia*, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey*, Ukraine*.
More information about the programme as well as the application form can be found on the programme webpage. Applications for Test Farms are accepted before April 30, 23:59 CET.
*Applicants from these countries will be considered eligible as RIS applicants only if the country of origin of the applicant signs the Association Agreement for Horizon Europe before the end of the application deadline on 30th of April.