Expanding disruption with our 16 meter Food Innovation Booth
On sunday August 5th, EIT Food CLC West had the unique opportunity to host a 16 meter long Food Innovation Booth at Hapje-Tapje Culinary event. More than 10,000 visitors had the chance to taste, touch and see the future of food in the centre of Leuven:
Our booth included:
- 3D-printed food in all shapes and sizes with Natural Machines and Flatev
- Tailor-made smart cocktails created using Big Data by Foodpairing
- SmartWithFood app by Colruyt Group
- Ceviche made from sustainably farmed Omegabaars fish developed by KU Leuven
- The well-known Kanzi Apple, specifically designed to provide a deliciously balanced flavour
A group of excited foodies struck a pose to win our photo booth competition. Congratulations ladies!
Finally, we collected some very interesting input on the future of food from visitors on the day and also from our social media campaign. You can still participate here.
See you next year at Hapje Tapje 2019!