Start online course: Explore How Farmers Produce Food Sustainability
Build your knowledge of the processes used by farmers and food producers
On this course, you'll gain a better understanding of where our food comes from, how it is produced, and the associated environmental, social and sustainability challenges for farmers.
You'll explore horticulture as well as meat, dairy, and egg production, as you examine different farming systems and issues that farmers face to sustainably supply food.
What topics will you cover?
- What ‘sustainability’ means and how it applies to farming.
- How crops are grown in the EU - both arable and horticultural.
- How livestock is farmed in the EU to produce meat, dairy products and eggs.
- The challenges of feeding a rapidly expanding global population.
- The trade-offs involved in financially viable organic, environmentally sustainable and socially acceptable production methods.
- Which technologies are providing the most sustainable solutions