EIT Community x New European Bauhaus Festival
Come and join us for the reveal of EIT Community Ideation Award and to listen to successful stories of citizen engagement projects!
In 2021, the EIT Community New European Bauhaus opened for the first time the EIT Community New European Bauhaus Ideation Awards: an opportunity for EU-based teams that participated in the 2021 Climathon and other hackathons of EIT Climate-KIC, EIT Digital, EIT Food and EIT Urban Mobility to ideate sustainable, inclusive and aesthetic solutions for a set of New European Bauhaus given challenges.
Innovation was sparkeling, great solutions were found to promote green transition through architectural, cultural and historic sites, circularity and urban resilience, and affordability and accessibility to all. Three teams won the Jury Awards and one won the Audience Award, hence entering the Grand Jury Award contest - the Best of Bests with a chance to receive a prize of €10,000 for seed-funding to implement their product or idea!
The name of best winner, chosen by the Joint Research Centre, will be annonced live during the ceremony.
The event will be hosted by Muchaneta Kapfunde, the founding editor-in-chief of FashNerd, a digital magazines writing about fashion technology, and will include interventions from:
- the architect Carla Jusaba
- Jebbia, a solution created with reused materials to rethink urban landscapes.
- TurtleApp, an app Promoting second hand clothing in an attractive and convenient way.
- WasteLocker, an app to make reuse, recycling or recovery of waste simpler, traceable and certifiable in real-time.
- Re-monda, a circular solution to manufacture highly-demanded biodegradable materials in a context of plastic crisis worldwide.
- Adopt the Ugly Foodling, a raise of awareness project among young consumers about the reasons and challenges of food waste whilst bringing them together with more experienced consumers (elderly).
- EC Boost Mataro Lab, a project that boosted local energy communities among vulnerable consumers of the neighbourhood of Cerdanyola.
- Lugoj for kids, by kids, a project improving the public space in the town of Lugoj through an innovative “grassroots” approach, by connecting pupils with the public administration in co-designing the needs for a bike network.
Attendance in person is free but registration is required as seating is limited. Therefore, in person participation will be decided on a first-come, first-served basis. RSVP: https://forms.office.com/r/7sjy951Uks
Sustainable Development Goals
Application deadline: Thursday, 9th June, at 23:59.