This multi-location pre-accelerator programme will train and support teams over a four month period. Selected teams will be provided with the tools, expertise, connections and mentors to help them better understand the needs of their customers and validate their business idea. At the end of the programme, participants will pitch their idea to a panel of industry experts, receiving constructive feedback and the chance to win one of three equity-free cash prizes.
Seedbed supports aspiring entrepreneurs to determine whether there is a market for products or services which utilise innovative agrifood technologies.
Held in Northern Ireland, Spain and Poland, Seedbed will support innovators and entrepreneurs from across Europe to go out and meet with potential customers. Through conversations with up to 100 relevant customers, participants will gain invaluable insights to help them build something that customers are willing to pay for, the key requirement to successfully launch a scalable business.
You will receive:
- training at a four-day residential bootcamp (in June/July) based on unique customer-oriented methodology, supporting the development of a startup business model;
- reimbursement of travel costs to go out and speak to potential customers;
- an invitation to a final event where you will pitch your validated business idea to a panel of industry experts;
- mentorship by leading agrifood sector players with specialised knowledge and skills to develop food sector innovation;
- the opportunity to win up to €20,000 equity-free cash prizes.
We are looking for teams that:
- are composed of at least two highly-motivated and committed members;
- are developing an innovation set to make a big impact on any part of the food sector including the way we produce, deliver, consume and recycle our food;
- have not previously been awarded significant funding to support market validation of their idea or innovation.
Please note, you can be from anywhere in the world, but we expect active, consistent engagement in the programme - this requires physical presence from the team members at one of our bootcamp locations and at the final pitch event.
Applications for Seedbed are now closed.
We need all hands on deck if we are going to build a future-proof, healthy and sustainable food system. Change Makers is designed to build and foster...
EIT Food ivzw and its partners will further develop, implement and actively support an investment vehicle to provide seed “smart” funding to European startups in the agrifood space.
Creating a smarter and simpler food value chain across Europe requires an infrastructure and capacity to stimulate and support innovation and entrepreneurship that needs to be developed. This project aims...