Your diet can make a big difference to your health. That’s why it’s so important to consider the value of different diets from around the globe. On this course you will explore the science and benefits of two well-known diets: the Mediterranean and Okinawa diets. You will learn the main components of these diets and how to prepare simple recipes. You will also consider what makes these diets healthy, and how they affect the body.
Who should join the course
This online course is for anyone interested in maintaining a healthy diet, you don’t need any previous experience.
The course will have multiple runs in 2020 and 2021.
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Summarise the characteristics and benefits of the Mediterranean and Okinawa diets
- Identify health-related properties of foods central to the two diets
- Describe the importance of healthy food frequency consumption
- Design at least one simple healthy recipe of one of the course diets
- Reflect that there are many kinds of healthy diets and that these may be composed by using different foods and cultural approaches
How to join the course
This course is available on FutureLearn: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/okinawa-diet