Overview of EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development
EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development brings together 40 participants from different backgrounds and countries, who will come together to gain knowledge of the tools, techniques, and methodologies used in the process of new product development in the food industry. After five days of not only listening, but also experiencing the practical application of these tools and techniques in a simulated environment, the participants will be ready to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control the projects aimed at the development and marketing of new products and services, as well as to introduce innovations to the market in the food industry.
The summer school will include innovative approaches to teaching and learning in the delivery of the programme, namely: it will not only include lectures, but mainly interactive workshops, engaging project assignments, computer-based simulations, and case-studies related to real examples, prepared jointly by partners from academia and industry.
The EIT Food Summer School on NPD does not charge a tuition fee!
Reasons to join EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development
- Become an expert on New Product Development!
- Learn how to create and execute NPD project by understanding the market and consumer needs!
- Apply sensory analysis in the process of food design!
- Discover how to handle competing project requirements and constraints!
- Learn from successful and unsuccessful product development case studies!
- Team up with 40 professionals from RIS countries diverse backgrounds and identify how to meet the needs of food sector customers!
- Network and share your experiences with directors, managers, scientists and other experts working in the agri-food industry!
- Apply your new knowledge to contemporary issues during a real NPD process and make the difference!
The summer school will take place ONLINE between the 24th and 28th of August 2020.
Applications are open between the 23rd of March and the 30th of April 2020.
Please apply at EIT Food Application Portal
Please, visit the website of the EIT Food Summer School to find out more about the programme and organization of the event.
The EIT Food Summer School on NPD is targeted towards food professionals and outstanding students from RIS countries (Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine).
We’re looking for professionals from small and medium sized companies, people connected to NPD and individuals that have worked in food industry in the past or want to be a part of food sector in the future: e.g. start-ups and company employees, PhD candidates, scholars and students with relevant background in the food sector.