Overview of EIT Food Government Executive Academy
EIT Food Government Executive Academy brings together public sector representatives from 28 RIS countries, researchers working in the field of agrifood innovations from industry, academia and European institutions. The Academy is an advisory and capability-building programme that offers insights into challenges related to food system innovations and regulations. It is also an opportunity to exchange best practices that will contribute to further improvements of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies and future development of operational programmes based on the EU Structural and Investment Funds.
The Academy is delivered by University of Warsaw, EIT Food CLC North-East and EIT Food CLC South with a group of industrial partners: Danone, VTT, and PepsiCo.
This activity will take place between the 17th and 19th of June 2020 in Warsaw, Poland.
Applications are open from the 24th of January till the 5th of April 2019. Please apply at EIT Food Application Portal.
Please, visit the website of the Academy to find out more about the programme and organization of the event.
- workshops focused on real-life challenges experienced by global food industry players and actual needs of industry and customers;
- lectures offering insights into the complexity of food system, state-of-the-art technologies and innovations developed by the agri-food industry;
- highly interactive learning program based on case-studies and real-life examples;
- working with European experts in agri-food industry and innovation management;
- participants do not pay tuition fee and have travel and personal costs reimbursed (offered as a lump sum of €1,000 gross refunded after the event in accordance with EIT/Horizon 2020 rules for financial support disbursed to third parties);
- excellent opportunities to build an international network of policy makers working on the agri-food related Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3), exchanging experiences to continuously improve the national and regional policies.
You will meet
You will be part of a cohort of 34 government representatives from 28 RIS countries (Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands, North Macedonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine) involved in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) and programmes related to agrifood industry, or in defining regulatory policies related to agrifood industry.
During the Academy, you will meet government executives, directors, managers, scientists and other experts working in the agrifood industry, non-governmental sector, European institutions and media.
You can expect
The Academy will supply you with expert knowledge on challenges faced by the global agrifood industry, state-of-the-art technologies relevant to the contemporary food system and best practices in innovation management. With our guests and experts from the field, you can expect to strengthen the innovation eco-systems in your country, increase the internationalization of your country’s agrifood companies and increase success rates of new product launches to leverage the benefits of public funding distributed for Research & Innovations. You will also have an opportunity to share good practices, benefit from lessons learned from other countries and participate in an international network of policy experts involved in the updates of RIS3 and the development of the future operational programmes based on European Structural and Investment Funds, 2021-2027.
The organizers aim at outstanding public sector representatives (including regional and central government officials as well as professionals working in state agencies, regulatory bodies or research universities) from 28 RIS countries (Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands, North Macedonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine).
The ideal applicant should:
- Be involved in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) related to agri-food industry or in defining development projects of regulatory policies related to agri-food industry in her or his country;
- Have relevant knowledge and experience in public policy development on a regional or national level;
- Have a leadership potential which means she or he has a track record in coordinating projects or contributing to new initiatives in RIS3;
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving and willingness to share her or his knowledge with other participants of the EIT Food GEA;
- Bring diversity. We strongly encourage applications from various geographical regions and women submitted by specialists in multiple fields.
All workshops will be held in English. Therefore at least a working knowledge of this language is required.
Programme of EIT Food Government Executive Academy
An intensive programme of lectures and workshops offering state-of-the-art knowledge on the complexity of food systems, management of innovations and regulation issues. A crucial part of the programme are workshops presenting real-life challenges experienced by global food industry players (e.g. Danone, PepsiCo, etc.) and the actual needs of customers.
The programme is comprised of three days of classes, workshops, and meetings delivered by leading European experts in agrifood industry, innovation management, regulation and MBA level leadership programmes. It is highly interactive and features a variety of teaching tools (simulations, case-studies, etc.). The program ends with a collaborative team project.