The course will focus on:
- Plant biotechnology;
- Agricultural technology; and
- Food science; .
Who should join the course
This course is designed for 16-19 year olds studying biology related STEM subjects at A level or undergraduate level.
It will also appeal to adults interested in the technology behind food production.
The course will have multiple runs in 2019 and 2020.
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Identify the challenges involved in growing, harvesting and processing plant-based food;
- Explore the role of scientific research in addressing challenges in food security;
- Debate the opportunities and limitations of new technologies;
- Reflect on consumer trust in the science and technology involved in bringing food from the field to the supermarket
How to join the course
This course is available on FutureLearn: https://www.futurelearn.com/admin/courses/food-production-agricultural-technology-plant-biotechnology/1