RIS Government Executive Academy
EIT Food Government Executive Academy brings together public sector representatives from 22 RIS countries, researchers working in the field of agrifood innovations from industry, academia and European institutions.
The RIS GEA (Government Executive Academy) has the following purposes:
- Understanding the challenges related to the design and implementation of Smart Specialization Strategies and their role in Research & Innovation policies of the EU and member states.
- Identifying and discussing the commercial potential of key technologies and innovative solutions across the food system, including established and emerging technologies.
- Designing R&I policy mix, taking into account specific needs for public support in each technological/social field, in line with the identified smart specializations.
- Ability to orchestrate and engage in collective policy design processes, involving multiple stakeholders with diversified expectations, opportunistic approaches or attempts at policy capture.
- Ability to work in cross-functional international teams on solving practical organizational challenges.
- Developing impactful and innovative, cross-country project ideas that could be pitched to specific, identified stakeholders who would apply for trans-national/national/regional funding.
If one of the following describes you, this programme is for you:
- Government and public authorities related to agri-food, or R&D, as ministries, government agencies, or regional government institutions.
- Regulatory authorities and policymakers in agri-food industries and R&D: like innovation and agricultural agencies, related administration departments, patent offices.
- Relevant higher education and public research institutions and organizations with related purposes of activity of EIT Food.
- Key public representatives on local ground, engaged in relevant issues for the food system.
- EU country or its regions representatives in Brussel.
The Academy brings together public sector representatives from countries in Southern and Eastern Europe, covered by the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS), with professionals working in the field of agri-food innovations from industry, academia and European institutions.
You will be part of a cohort including public sector representatives from countries of the EIT Regional Innovation Scheme, involved in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of Research & Innovation Smart Specialization Strategies (RIS3) related to the agri-food industry or in defining regulatory policies related to the agri-food industry. During the Academy, you will meet government executives, directors, managers, scientists and other experts working in the agri-food industry, non-governmental sector, European institutions and media.
The Academy is an advisory and capability-building program that offers you insights into challenges related to food system innovations and regulations. It is also an opportunity to exchange best practices that will contribute to further improvements of Research & Innovation Smart Specialization Strategies (RIS3) and inspire your future development of operational programs based on the EU Structural and Investment Funds as well as networking opportunities for public sector representatives from different regions and countries.
The Academy supplies with expert knowledge on challenges faced by the global agri-food industry, state-of-the-art technologies relevant to the contemporary food system and best practices in innovation management.
Th Academy helps participants to strengthen the innovation eco-systems in your country, increase the internationalisation of your country’s agri-food companies, and increase success rates of new product launches to leverage the benefits of public funding distributed for Research & Innovations.
The Academy is an opportunity to share good practices, benefit from lessons learned from other countries and participate in an international network of policy experts involved in the updates of RIS3 and in the development of the future operational programmes, based on European Structural and Investment Funds 2021–2027.
Duration & Dates
Application for 2022 is now open and the deadline is March 15th, 2022.
The deadline for applicants from Croatia, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Ukraine has been extended to March 31st, 2022.
EIT Food RIS Government Executive Academy will be held online in 4 sessions on 4, 11, 18, 25 May, then until 30th September participants work on their own projects in international teams, presented on November 29th as final project pitch in front of experts’ panel.
Audience & Eligibility
Professionals in agri-food sector
LevelMba-type, an executive-level training program
Registration Open & SeatsOpen
Keep me informed
Structure & Modules
The programme is comprised of four sessions of classes, workshops, and meetings delivered by leading European experts in the agri-food industry, innovation management, regulation, and MBA level leadership programmes. It is highly interactive and features a variety of teaching tools (simulations, case studies, etc.). The program ends with a collaborative team project.
The programme includes:
- Workshops focused on real-life challenges experienced by global food industry players.
- Lectures offering insights into the complexity of food systems, state-of-the-art technologies.
- Highly interactive learning program based on case studies and real-life examples.
- Networking with European experts in the agri-food industry and innovation management.