NPD Skills: New Product Development Training
Learn through experience
Do you work in the food industry? Do you want to improve your skills in New Product Development? We invite you to participate in the EIT Food NPD Skills workshop! Join the workshop and become an expert in the development of new products in the food market!
The ideal applicant should:
- Be a food professional employed in companies, academia or research institutes
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving and willingness to share their knowledge with other participants of the EIT Food NPD Skills workshops
- Have relevant knowledge and experience in the food sector (preferably connected to new product development)
- Have working knowledge of English language (the course will be held in English)
- Be highly motivated to participate in the EIT Food NPD Skills
- Be a citizen of one of the RIS countries, including: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine and Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain).
The NPD workshop is a unique opportunity to learn through experience, meet professionals working in the food industry and expand knowledge in the field of new product development. You can:
- Develop your NPD skills by learning through experience!
- Find out how COVID-19 has impacted new product development in the food industry!
- Learn how to create and execute NPD projects by understanding the market and consumer needs!
- Apply sensory analysis in the process of food design!
- Experience in real time the processing of food products using innovative methods!
- Discover how to handle competing project requirements and constraints!
- Learn from successful and unsuccessful product development case studies!
- Understand the role of sensory evaluation in new product development and learn sensory analysis tools!
- Team up with professionals from RIS countries and identify how to meet the needs of food sector customers!
- Network and share your experiences with directors, managers, researchers, scientists and other experts working in the agri-food industry!
- Present research results and NPD-related ideas during the workshop knowledge sharing session!
- Get a professional training certificate!
- Gain new knowledge on NPD in the food industry, apply it in practice and make the difference!
- Become an expert in New Product Development!
Career development in the food sector
Duration & Dates
The first part of the workshop will be delivered as an online training and the participants will have the opportunity to choose one of the convenient set of dates (participants should indicate the preferred set of dates in the application form).
The workshop will be held in two identical online sessions:
- Option 1: 05.04.2022 - 29.04.2022 (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Option 2: 09.05.2022 - 01.06.2022 (Mondays & Wednesdays)
The second part of the workshop (if sanitary conditions related to the COVID-19 pandemic allow) will be held in-person in Warsaw, as a two-day concluding session, on 23 - 24.06.2022 (Thursday - Friday). This session will be also streamed online for participants, who can't attend in-person.
Additionally, the workshop concluding session will be held online in November 2022.
Audience & Eligibility
Professional employed in companies, academia or research institutes
Registration Open & SeatsOpen
LocationOnline and on-location
Keep me informed
Structure & Modules
The NPD Skills workshop brings together food professionals from different backgrounds and countries. It offers a professional blended-learning training aimed to encourage the development of pioneering product ideas in the food industry in RIS countries. The workshop is designed to teach the tools, techniques and best practices developed to support the NPD process and enable participants to learn through experience.
The workshop addresses contemporary challenges related to new product development in the food industry. It is based on innovative approaches to teaching and learning and is prepared and delivered by experts from industry, universities and research institutes, namely University of Warsaw, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Aarhus University, PepsiCo International, Elea, BeYou, Campden BRI Hungary Ltd. and CSIC- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, supported by EIT Food CLC North-East. Participants can expect to develop their skills thanks to live food processing sessions, sensory evaluations, video case studies, virtual tours, teamwork, simulation-based exercises, and insights from real case studies of various global companies and startups. On the top of this, NPD Skills offers room to network and present research results.
The NPD Skills workshop is a unique opportunity to learn through experience, meet professionals working in the food industry and expand knowledge in the field of new product development!
The workshop is composed of the following sessions:
- Consumer-centric approach & design thinking in NPD;
- Sensory evaluation and its role in food product design;
- Simulation based training using the Project Team Builder simulator;
- Food industry scenario during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- NPD from the perspective of companies: PepsiCo, Elea & BeYou - selected case studies
The workshop consists of two sessions: one online and one in-person. Both sessions are obligatory.
More information available at: www.eitfoodnpdskills.eu
Madalina IlieI truly encouraged people who are working or are anyway connected with food industry, including R&D, innovation, tech and more, to apply, when reopens, to EIT FOOD new-product-development. It's a great chance to learn more about this…
Iwona MajakI feel the NPD Course has had a great impact on both my professional and personal skills, boosting both my confidence in my designer and management skills, as well as giving me some solid knowledge about the process. Recently, I have been…
Mihaela Alexandra GrigoreAt the end of August I participated in the event organized by EIT Food on New Product Development for the Food Industry. Even though this year this event took place online due to the current global situation and not in Warsaw (Poland) as…
Danijela KocuvanWorkshops at EIT FOOD exceeded my expectations. Now is the time to use new knowledge in practice
Dunja MolnarThanks to EIT food team for the perfect organization of 3rd Summer school on New Product Development for the Food Industry. You did an outstanding job! It was a very intense but wonderful week with amazing facilitators and participants! I…
Andrea MarianelliIt was an experience and then a course. An experience that has taught me a lot, but above all it has introduced me to more than 40 colleagues with different points of view and different dreams, but all united by the passion for research…
Vanesa Postigo HerreroLast week I attended the online course (due to COVID) "EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development for the Food Industry" EIT Food. It was quite a few hours on the computer, but it was worth it, both for everything I learned in terms…
Christodoulos DeligeorgakisThe 5-day intensive program presented the technical steps of NPD related processes (Innovation, Food Product Design and Project Management) followed by the food industry. It was a huuuuge opportunity to collaborate and change opinions on…
Nilay GülerIt was great experience to attend EIT Food Summer School program. I learned many things about NPD process and I am excited to keep learning more. Once again, big thanks for this great organization.
Marios MesimerisIt was an exciting week with a lot of learning regarding the NPD process in the food industry, which included interactive workshops, engaging project assignments and much more that helped me to extend my knowledge in this field! I want to…
Kiki ZinoviadouIt was such an eye opening experience. A journey highly recommended to all.
Paraskevi DetopoulouThank EIT Food for the opportunity to step in a new area of Knowledge!
Tereza SavvidouFeeling really satisfied to have participated in such a wonderful and interesting workshop!