Non-profit association of farmers founded in 1944 by decree of the Italian President. AIA’s mission is to promote, valorise and improve national livestock production and quality trough data collection on farm, extension services and genetic improvement of local as well as cosmopolite breeds.More than 46 thousands farmers are nowadays associated. AIA primarily focuses on dairy and beef.
Competences & Capabilities
- National reference organisation for animal performance and reproductive data recording.
- Centre for milk and analysis through 12 fully equipped labs spread across Italy.
- Centre for genetic and genomic on domestic animals through a lab equipped with the more advanced technologies available on the market.
- Promotional, technical, economical and scientific activities.
- Strong connections with national and international research bodies, breeder associations and livestock centres.