Over three years this programme will enhance global food and nutrition security by catalysing industry action to safeguard pollinators critical to food supply chains. Pollination directly affects the yield and/or quality of 75% of globally important crops; the annual contribution of pollinators to the global economy is up to £446 billion. With pollinator decline increasing our food system is at risk. The programme will:
- Engage, communicate with and educate stakeholders in industry, policy, finance & farming sectors on challenges facing food security through pollinator declines;
- Develop and apply a vulnerability assessment of supply chains;
- Conduct a scenario analysis of financial implications of pollinator decline;
- Establish innovations and tools to tackle these issues;
- Road test approaches that secure pollination for key crops with farmers;
- Deliver a pollinator assessment tool for company supply chain management.