The course will focus on:
- Introduction to intellectual property management;
- Ways to protect intellectual property in relation to food products;
- Patents, Trademarks & Taste and smell marks;
- Design protection;
- Effective intellectual property protection on local and international markets
Who should join the course
Stakeholders from the food and drink industry - particularly those working in (or with) start-ups and SMEs.
The course will have multiple runs in 2019 and 2020.
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Identify value and importance of intellectual property management in food sector industry, especially if you are engaged in start-ups or SMEs;
- Evaluate limitations and expected sources of problems appearing when intellectual property is poorly managed;
- Perform to make wise decisions about effective intellectual property protection on local and international markets;
- Contribute in increasing food sector growth through newly obtained intellectual property management skills;
- Engage in promoting best practices in protecting intellectual property among food managers and executives, especially those engaged in start-ups and SMEs.
How to join the course
This course is available on FutureLearn: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/intellectual-property-management-food/1