The course will focus on:
- An Introduction to Food Systems ;
- Fundamentals of System Sciences ;
- Food System Nodes I: Production & Processing ; and
- Food System Nodes II: Distribution and Consumption, Side Streams, Food Integrity
Who should join the course
- Professionals in the food and agriculture sector (i.e. product developer, scientists, engineers)
- Professionals in the retail sector (i.e. purchase manager and sales person)
- Students considering a career in the food sector
The course, will be proposed at a discounted fee of 50 EUR in 2019.
Students (undergraduate, graduate, PhD) will be charged 10 EUR only.
The course will have multiple runs in 2019 and 2020.
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Identify Food Systems and current challenges in these systems;
- Explain key elements of system science, including the most important principles that are relevant for the food systems;
- Report the principal components of the food system and describe their systemic interactions and dependencies;
- Critically evaluate different responses to current challenges in Food Systems and develop own responses
How to join the course
You can apply via the EIT Food application platform : https://www.eitfood.eu/education/projects/An-introduction-to-food-systems-scientific-technical-and-socioeconomic-principles-to-facilitate-the-creation-of-food-value-networks